Watch video from the 11th Annual Good Guys Awards Here
The Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus introduced the Good Guys Awards in 2002 to honor men who demonstrate an ongoing commitment and partnership in achieving equality for women. These awards recognize that our goals of attaining parity in politics and equality in American society can only be reached through the concerted efforts of men and women in all areas of professional life.
Our corporate and individual sponsors have generously given their support, as the event has attracted a “who’s who” list of business and political leaders. The luncheon is held each year in the Spring. The money raised at the Good Guys Awards is used to fund the programs of the Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus Education Fund. All donations are tax deductible.
The MWPC has also established two additional awards: the Senator Edward M. Kennedy Lifetime Achievement Award and the Senator Edward W. Brooke Public Service Award were both established to honor the outstanding legacies of the leaders for which they are named.
The 12th Annual Good Guys Honorees:
Senator Edward M. Kennedy Lifetime Achievement Award
Governor Deval L. Patrick
Senator Edward W. Brooke Distinguished Public Service Award
The Honorable Richard R. Tisei
The Honorable Steven A. Tolman, President, Massachusetts AFL-CIO
John E. Rosenthal, President and CEO, Meredith Management Corporation
Jerry Sargent, President, Citizens Bank & RBS Citizens, Massachusetts
Peter H. Smyth, Chairman and CEO, Greater Media, Inc.
Special Thanks to our 2013 Sponsors!
Presenting Sponsor: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Platinum Sponsors: Citizens Bank & RBS Citizens, Massachusetts
Silver Sponsors: Harvard Piligrim Health Care, Tufts Health Plan & Walmart
Bronze Sponsors: Comcast & Greater Media, Inc.
Past Good Guys Honorees
- Mayor Thomas M. Menino
- Majority Whip Byron Rushing
- John Hailer
- John Heerwagen
- James Stergios
- Philip W. Johnson
- U.S. Senator Edward W. Brooke
- MA Senate Majority Leader Frederick E. Berry
- Chancellor J. Keith Motley
- Paul Grogan
- Stephen M. Weiner
- Senator John Kerry, Lifetime Achievement Award
- Speaker Robert DeLeo
- Sheriff Frank Cousins Jr., Sheriff of Essex County
- Gregory Torres, President, MassINC.
- Rick Rendon, Founder & President, Empower Peace
- Senator Edward M. Kennedy, Lifetime Achievement Award
- Congressman Barney Frank
- Governor William F. Weld
- Jarrett T. Barrios, President, Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation of Massachusetts
- Robert Davoli, Managing Director, Sigma + Partners
- The Honorable Argeo Paul Cellucci, Governor, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Louis Ciavarra, Managing Partner, Bowditch and Dewey LLP
- Robert Coard, President and CEO, Action for Boston Community Development, Inc.
- Peter Meade, Executive Vice President, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Joseph P. Campanelli, President and CEO, Sovereign Bank
- Fairman Cowan, Partner, Bowditch and Dewey (ret.)
- Paul Lee, Parter, Goodwin Proctor, LLP
- James Roosevelt, Jr., President and CEO, Tufts Health Plan
- Frank Hatch, Chair, John Merck Foundation
- Tripp Jones, Senior Vice President and CAO, The MENTOR Network
- Professor Charles J. Ogletree Jr., Executive Director, Charles Hamilton Houston Institute for Peace & Justice, Harvard Law School
- Thomas P. O'Neill, III, CEO, O'Neill And Associates
- Chris Gabrieli, Chairman, Massachusetts 2020
- Paul Levy, CEO, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Jack Regan, Partner and Public Service Committee Co-Chair,
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr, LLP
- Wayne A. Budd, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, John Hancock Financial Services. Inc.
- Aaron Feuerstein, CEO, Malden Mills Industries, Inc.
- Hubie Jones, Social Justice Entrepreneur for City Year, Dean Emeritus, BU School of Management
- Dan Wolf, President and CEO, Cape Air/Nantucket Airlines.
- Paul Guzzi, President & CEO of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Ralph Harriman, Business Manager/Secretary-Treasurer Painters & Allied Trades District Council 35
- George Russell, Executive Vice-President of State Street Corporation
- William Saltonstall, former State Senator
- Charlie Baker, President & CEO of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Richard Gamble, Leader of Family Planning Initiatives
- Ralph Martin, Partner, Bingham McCutcheon LLC & former Suffolk County District Attorney